Fill in the crossword and write down your answers in “comments”.
- A violent rotating column of air extending from a thunderstorm to the ground.
- A huge storm! It can be up to 600 miles across and have strong winds spiraling inward and upward at speeds of 75 to 200 mph.
- Shaking, rolling or sudden shock of the earth’s surface.
- It results from days of heavy rain and/or melting snows, when rivers rise and go over their banks.
- A large ocean wave usually caused by an underwater earthquake or a volcanic explosion.
- It is when there is a lack of precipitation over an extended period of time, usually a season or more, resulting in a water shortage for some activity, group, or environmental sector.
- It is a disturbance in the atmosphere, or air.
- It occurs when hot materials are thrown out of a volcano.
- It is a rapid flow of snow down a sloping surface.
By Kate Salii